Monckton Cycling Club
Club of Royston Yorkshire
was formed in 1925 as part of the Monkton Colliery Institute and
Athletic Club. The club had its own purpose built 586.666 yards
(three laps to
one mile) cycle track to the rear of the Athletic club house on
Lundhill Lane. This photograph was taken at the cycle track.
Monkton C. C. was still registered with the Road Time Trials
Council in 1951 and had active members until about 1960.